Fairytales of Love and Deception, Hope and Courage, and a somewhat confused mind.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Welcome to my Life

Well, what a happy occasion. My first blog.

Shouldn't there be some sort of ceremony to go along with this? I should really speak to the people in charge, see what I can do. For now I will have to attempt to put my innane ponderings into words as I tackle a pretty full on two-or-so years. What's going on, you ask? Well here goes....

(Sigh) Read that sigh? That was involuntary. Because this past two weeks, and indeed these past five days, have been so unbelieveably insane. The first week was Foundations, a week long course all about...well, life, really. They try to equip us with the words to describe to others what it was like but it's impossible really. It's a pretty full on week, Sunday til Sunday, 8.30am til well after the designated 9.15pm, and at the end of it everyone is tired and sick and completely emotionally drained.

So what do I do the following day? Respond to an offer to start Diploma! Which is more of the same except over 2 or more years, and I decided to take it on within three hours of it commencing. So for now I don't get a day off (or at the very least, an early night) until next Thursday. Yay! Then I take over a late night radio show full time. For everyone who knows what doing Diploma (especially in Poatina) means, this news will appall you. For those who don't, you can be the ones who act happy for me.

It really is a huge thing to be doing. Will I survive? Well you'll just have to tune in and see folks, because I don't have a flippin' clue. Peace.

15 Comments:

Blogger Ludicrousity said...

OH MY GOSH WOMAN! I can't believe you're doing Diploma in Poatina! I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Well I have no doubt that this wasn't a rushed decision and you believe this is what God's asking you to do. So I'll be praying for you and I know he'll teach you so much through it. Keep me updated!

Mon Jul 25, 10:20:00 AM

 
Blogger Dboy said...

Oh my goodness! Wow! I have no idea what that means!

Good on you, though, if you're in for a busy time. I understand to some degree (I'm doing a Grad. Diploma of Education - Secondary, I'm on placement (full time teaching), and I've been working till 12am on weeknights and for 10hrs on weekends). All I can say is 'praise God that it's gonna finish in two weeks when I finish placement'. Sounds like it's more of a long haul where you're concerned though. May your times of rest and nourishment be rich and effective :)

Oh yeah, welcome to the world of blog :) Any friend of an Orrin is a friend of mine.

Mon Jul 25, 01:36:00 PM

 
Blogger Martin Boutros said...

"AND I LIKE DR WHO!!" Yahoo!
My kind of girl!!

Any friend of Dboy, who is a friend of Tink's is a friend of mine...

Mon Jul 25, 03:34:00 PM

 
Blogger Martin Boutros said...

what is a 'poatina', hmmm?? How does one do a Diploma in it?? It sounds like a gluen free porridge?

Mon Jul 25, 03:38:00 PM

 
Blogger Bizzle said...

Thanks guys! and nice to meet you dboy and revhead.

Well, a Poatina is a small, bizzare little village in Tasmania, with too many idiosyncrasies to mention here, and is the centre of training for the organisation I'm doing Diploma with. The Diploma is in Youth and Community work and can drive just about anyone nuts. Just ask ludicrousity, I'm sure she has a few words to say on the subject...

Oh, and any friend of Megski is a friend of mine.

Mon Jul 25, 05:39:00 PM

 
Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Oh yay! :)

And guys, Poatina is where I was living in Tassie! Short memories...

Mon Jul 25, 06:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Dboy said...

It all sounds a bit odd there (my wife just said that).

Mon Jul 25, 07:26:00 PM

 
Blogger Martin Boutros said...

Are you sure Poatina isn't a sort of porridge made up with goat's milk? (Dboy's wife didn't say that)

Mon Jul 25, 09:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Martin Boutros said...

Are you sure Poatina isn't a sort of porridge made up with goat's milk? (Dboy's wife didn't say that)

Mon Jul 25, 09:49:00 PM

 
Blogger Ludicrousity said...

I suppose it could be. That might explain a lot actually...

Tue Jul 26, 12:35:00 AM

 
Blogger Dboy said...

Secluded and incestuous?

What?! I never said a thing!

Tue Jul 26, 11:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Dboy said...

Actually, I've always dreamt of living in a Christian commune. Even just having houses close together would make me happy.

I like people!

Tue Jul 26, 11:23:00 AM

 
Blogger Ludicrousity said...

You like people?! How weird are you?!

Tue Jul 26, 12:43:00 PM

 
Blogger Bizzle said...

Little man, you can't fool me. I know who you really are...I know where you live.

Tue Jul 26, 05:32:00 PM

 
Blogger Ludicrousity said...

I know where you live too little man! But you live too far away from me for me to be beothered actually going there... so yeah, take THAT empty threat!

Tue Jul 26, 06:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home