Fairytales of Love and Deception, Hope and Courage, and a somewhat confused mind.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Conference Begins!

Woah. Day Two (and a half) of International Conference and I'm already pooped. In a good way though I guess. I have a whole bunch of ex-Captain Midnighters back in town wanting to do my show for me, so that's not a problem. But Conference in general is a drainer.

But I heard reports from all centres around Australia and the UK so far, and they've been worth it. I'm beginning to realise that the people I work for is not a tool of the Devil (surprise surprise), but can actually be as effective and important as they aspire to be. It's easy for a lot of us students to jaded and cynical about ideology, after living with it for a while and taking it for granted. But tonight I saw people in depressed English towns becoming inspired and refreshed by what we offer over there, surprised that someone cares that much. So many ordinary people with hope that they can give their youth a chance and turn their towns into something worth believing in.

Work certainly is unique in both its ideas and practices. It's just such a shame that most of us die of exhaustion.














Our only hope of survival is to pretend we are Moose, for our Canadian photographer while eating Brie and mini-toasts at 1am.
Yep, that's Conference.




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog Censorship Handbook Released
A handbook offering advice on bloggers protecting themselves from recrimination and censors was released by Reporters Without Borders.
My affiliate site: net zero email

Fri Sep 23, 02:25:00 PM

 
Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Pretending to be a moose! Why didn't I think of that?! Might have made last year easier had I employed that tactic!

Fri Sep 23, 02:48:00 PM

 
Blogger Bizzle said...

Be-gone Blog Spam.

Yes. Moose is good.

Sat Sep 24, 09:11:00 PM

 
Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Mmeerrrrrrrrr!

Hmmm... how do you spell a moose sound?

Sun Sep 25, 03:35:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home