Fairytales of Love and Deception, Hope and Courage, and a somewhat confused mind.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

παρακαλώ! (Or, How I Learnt to Stop Worrying and Appreciate Street Theatre)

All my friends are going to Greece! Well actually, they're gone already, flying out of the country yesterday morning. Boy I'm jealous. I was planning to go this year but then I did Diploma instead. What a silly idea that turned out to be. Kidding, of course.

A whole bunch of people who are a part of this Youth and Community organisation that I study with (that is, Fusion) are going to Greece to do, well, youth and community work. Which in this case is Open-Crowd Festivals, which is Fusion-speak for mass street theatre. Which means that the rest of us are expected to pick up the slack while they're off playing. I wish I was with them.

Below are Heather, Bec and Geri (with some very distracting blokes in the background, thanks guys!) saying goodbye before they jump on a plane. They are three of many who are venturing into a country where they dont know the language, but are required to do a lot more communicating with the locals than a regular tourist would. Some of them have never been out of the country before, so prayer for them would be very appreciated. Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Oh how exciting! I wish I could go to Greece too. I'm sure they'll have an incredible time. Nice photo! Say hi to them when they get back. Yay for Mick and Joe too!

Sun Aug 21, 01:15:00 PM

 
Blogger Bizzle said...

Here's a little fact; that Greek word actually means 'Cheese', or at least the second half of the Greek equivalent of 'say cheese!'. Just a little bit of trivia for you folks to take home...

Wed Aug 24, 10:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Well thank you! This will dramatically change my life! I must run out and save the world with my new found knowledge!

Thu Aug 25, 12:10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home