Fairytales of Love and Deception, Hope and Courage, and a somewhat confused mind.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Well, here I go...

Kris leaves in three days. And with him being both my boyfriend and the now ex-team leader of my radio show, it means a WHOLE lot of stuff is going to change for me. This past week has been my first week at my diploma placement at Heart FM studios, and it's been pretty hard getting my head around all my new responsibilities. Also not having a place to live or any money has presented a few interesting challenges. I'm currently shacked up in the local backpackers, next week I move to a pretty darn luxurious house-sitting sort of arrangement for six weeks, then who knows what. I'm a nomad. Roaming the far reaching lands of Poatina looking for shelter.

With the departure of Kris the Captain Midnight Show is all mine. And the kids who get taught there in the art of media are all mine too. Gee I hope I don't stuff anybody up. So all these little worries have been on my mind, and then yesterday they all came tumbling down. Crash. It made that sound and all. In Poatina we have a strange little ritual whereby all residents spend morning tea together and someone sits up the front and talks. Yesterday that person was Steve Bell. Long story short, he had a car accident last year which put him in hospital for four months and he still can't walk with as much ease as he used to. And he used to be a performer too. So his story is pretty insane, and I can't really do justice to what he said, so I wont try. All I can say is that it caused a LOT of tears. Not in a sappy, sentimental way, but in a pretty raw, honest way. Nitty gritty stuff, as he called it.

So I've been given a bit of perspective, it's fair to say. Gee I love it when that happens, it gives me more appreciation of other people's ability to improve me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Sounds grat Biz! Glad to hear you're being challenged and feeling good about life there. Where are you housesitting? Sounds like it could be a gumpy!!!! That'd be so ace!!!

So Kris is almost gone eh? :( Must be sad, but I'm sure it'll be a good thing for you both in the long run. I'm praying for you chicky!

Sat Aug 06, 06:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Bizzle said...

No, no gumpy for me. It's actually the Koster's, who are going on holidays and leaving their house entrusted to myself, a C4 and a young person. They've got a dishwasher.

Sat Aug 06, 06:39:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home