Fairytales of Love and Deception, Hope and Courage, and a somewhat confused mind.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Colours

I was inadvertedly caused to think about colours just then. "Strange", you may be thinking. "I would have thought that with the abundance of colours in this world you would either be thinking about it constantly, or have ignored the topic for the rest of your life". But really, all that colours are and what they represent. I'm so glad colours exist. Of course there's literal colours, blue, green etc. They're great. But also in terms of diferentiation, racial, national, political, sporting, chess clubs, clothing, anything that defines individuality.

Actually, lets stick with the chess analogy. Black and white, you and me. That's all there is, really. And we tend to view the world a bit like that. Us and them. Good and bad. I was listening to Conversation of the Nation last night (first time ever, actually) with Mal Garvin, and it raised a few issues like this. Like how do we view citizenship? What makes an Aussie and what makes a foreigner or migrant, and should there really be that definition between them? The issue wasn't resolved, but it really makes you think. (Mal Garvin joke).

Well, that's my ponderings for today. Yay! Go colours!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Very interesting ponderings Bizzle...

I agree that people try to over simplify things at times. There are so many colours in this world adn we don't see half of them. Metaphorically of course. And if we do see them, we don't always recognise them. I would like to have my eyes and mind open to a larger variety of colours.

Mon Aug 08, 01:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Bizzle said...

It also relates to Mal's teachings of the tinted spectacles, which mean that we tend to view a lot of things with our own particular bent.

Tue Aug 09, 12:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Yeah, for sure! I think I do that way more often that I want to.

Tue Aug 09, 05:14:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh huh sorry about my link its is messed up but are you on our side?

Fri Aug 12, 12:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Bizzle said...

Our side? I remain loyal to Ludicrousity, if that's what you mean.

Fri Aug 12, 12:23:00 PM

 
Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Haha! Well my empire has fallen, so yeah, not much left to be loyal to! It was fun while it lasted! :)

Fri Aug 12, 02:35:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home