Fairytales of Love and Deception, Hope and Courage, and a somewhat confused mind.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Out of Hiding She Comes...

I have fallen into the Poatina study trap whereby my posts are few and far between (see Bowen). But here I am! I haven't run away, or lost interest, I'm just busy. it's not going to get much better because it's conference time again!

International Conference is where Fusion people from around the world (as the name would suggest) come to this tiny little town and attempt to get along and present reports and make big decisions. It sounds really boring and uninteresting, and largely it is. But sometimes there are moments that make the whole thing worthwhile.

Such as the Jamaican contingent making sure everyone's well practice in the art of reggae dance, the Canadians losing out to the Aussies at International Street Hockey, the re-enactment of a busy Greek train station, souvlaki's, stilts, puppets, balloons and all, and the little white pet rocks given to everyone, handpicked by Marty on the island of Patmos.

Plus there's the fact that a whole lot of people I love and miss willbe making the trip here for the next two weeks. Word on the street is that they're packing 320 visitors into this town, a remarkable feat given they're having trouble accomadating me and my two housemates.

Catch up with you after the craziness.....If I survive.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Glad you're still around Bizzy. Haha! Megan made a funny!

Can't say I want to be at conference for various reasons, but I do want to see everyone that goes there. I know you'll have an incredible time!

Wed Sep 14, 08:41:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home